This is the meta SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) for SOP.
Creating a new SOP
When a SOP is first created, make sure to send a pull request to the right audience (eg. usually either the team or the community at large). If a SOP is sent to the team, everyone should be listed as a reviewer. The SOP needs to have everyone approving it before it can be merged
Do not just blindly accept the SOP. When you approve the SOP, it means that you have read it, understand the action items, and agree to implement them moving forward.
Some criteria for a good sop:
- WHEN should it be executed?
- WHAT needs to be done?
- WHO is responsible for doing it?
- see Conventions for other conventions
Updating an existing SOP
Same instructions as Creating a new SOP
Executing a SOP
When executing a SOP, if that SOP has a
## Checklist, be sure to copy that checklist into the task tracking the execution of said SOP
- create/update sop
- send pull request and include everyone in team
- announce sop in team channel
- make sure everyone has signed off on SOP
- merge SOP
SOPs should be linear and you should be able to follow it from beginning to end
SOPs should be declarative and not use wishy washy language
1. Every task note associated with a goal should be tagged with #kind.goal
1. Tag each task note with `#kind.goal`
High level overview of the SOP
Series of steps to do to complete the SOP
Template for the sop
Explains the various parts of the SOP Template